Peter P. Chen Awardees
2014: Antonio Luz Furtado
2013: Carlo Batini
2012: Stefano Spaccapietra
2011: Tok Wang Ling
2010: John Mylopoulos
2009: David W. Embley
2008: Bernhard Thalheim
Initiated by Elsevier in 2008 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the
journal, Data and Knowledge Engineering, the Peter P. Chen award honors
one person each year for outstanding contributions to the field of
Criteria for the Award:
- Research: how well the nominee has helped advance the field of conceptual
modeling with his/her intellectual contributions.
- Service: participation in the organization of
conceptual-modeling-related meetings and conferences and participation in
editorial boards of conceptual-modeling-related journals.
- Education: how effectively the nominee has mentored
doctoral students in conceptual modeling, produced researchers from their
labs, and helped mentor other young people in the field.
- Contribution to practice: the extent to which the nominee has contributed
to technology transfer, commercialization, and industrial projects.
- International reputation: the extent to which the nominee's work is
visible to and has diffused into the international community.